Well, here we are on the last horriday of this season

It being the Feast of St. Stephen.... They fell so unluckily this year that from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning... nothing is open. Except some cinemas and a couple of restaurants today.

Peter broke his word yesterday, and today. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. But today I left early. We never got to the bank last week, and my account is maxed out, so there wasn't much I could do. I found and made him some milk rice, and then came home to my place... to cook some more potatoes. gawwd....

Oh well, whatever takes the hunger away... And I was cleaning out a shelf, and found a full pack of snigarettes just now! After two days without, why.... why... it was almost like Christmas!

I opened my present from my father yesterday... It was a snuggly nicky shirt to wear at home on chilly days. Made in Swaziland, so it is pastel, and sort of apricot, but warm. What killed me was the box was sitting for over a month in a chair, waiting for yesterday, and I practically fell over dead because he sent it air mail 'so it would get here in time' and just yesterday I noticed the cost of that must have cost him double what he paid for the nice shirt! Nearly thirty dollars, hey... I'm going to have to have a 'talk' with that man, I swear....

As in, 'Next time you send it surface mail, Mister, and if it doesn't get here "'just in time" for whatever horriday, listen, getting something after the fact makes it all the more surprising, and the receiver grateful for it. ' I mean, to repeat, it just sat there for over a month waiting to be opened for yesterday. Sheesh.

I did not call yesterday. Will do so today. Because I knew, the 'fambly' would be at the rehab place, and let's face it, I do so not need to be asked to speak to them and be insulted.

So... with this evening, these horridays are over, and have to be the worst I have ever experienced. Although it didn't stop me from wishing others whom I love everything good. Whether in thought or a line or two here and there...

So, now we have to get through Dec. 31st, and New Year's, and the dreaded January 6th, (The Three Kings) and the entire Spuk will be over. And that word sounds and means just like the one in English ---with two o's instead of the 'u'....

So much for that.... And if the concept of the Feast of St. Stephen confuses you... just think of the old carol 'Good King Wenceslas looked out, On the Feast of Stephen', and you got it. He's the patron saint of Austria. In the UK it is a horriday as well, but called Boxer's Day. For some reason... I should google that to find out why one of these days, but am tired.

And despite all that... I hope everyone had at least a bit of something nice to cheer them the past few days. Truly.

0 Responses to "Well, here we are on the last horriday of this season"