Oh.... my... gawd....

I thought this Sylvester was gonna be quieter, and it is in many ways. I was hoping I would sleep through it, even.... But nope....

There have been firecrackers, and the usual explosions, scaring 'evil spirits' away, and all that junk... rockets red and every other color glare, it is insane. Because, Precioussesss... you set the damned things off at midnight, not starting at four o'clock in the afternoon... This evening is not as bad as years past, really not.

And still... these instant gratification people are shooting their wads all over the place, and I just had to go out and get cigarettes across the square. There is already so much cordite in the air, you can hardly breathe. Not to mention the inversion where you get the stink of coal being burned because people are saving on heating. It is stifling.

I really hate this nite more than any other in the whole year. Yes, I can get grinch-like at Christmas, and bitch. But Sylvester? GET out of my way..... I have never liked it, never will.... especially when they leave every idjit with half a brain set off anything from firecrackers to rockets and unnecessarily frighten people with them. Some people have a strange sense of humour about what they think is 'funny'. I don't know how many people are going to get hurt tonight.

And they will, believe me.

They will blow off fingers or half their hands, it is despicable.

Just while writing this, the fire dept. across the square has been dispatched four times, and hear the sirens going. Way to go....

Y'know... I am the last person to want to limit someone's freedoms and rights. But when it comes to sheer stupidity, endangering others and hurting yourself or others, especially when everyone is drinking champagne... mostly... this is not good. If you are gonna have fireworks... I like the American model most. You have people from the fire department who are not drunk, or half-drunk, and they put on one hell of a show, and no one is in danger.

However... this stuff is a billion Euro enterprise, and anyone can buy anything and set it off this time of year. If that were the case in 'Murka, Homeland Insecurity would have their boxer shorts in a twist..... most dangerous night of the year, hey.

Yup. Money talks....

I just hate it, ok? I get the tradition, but it is so out of hand, it drives me right up the friggin' wall.

Even with my windows, it sounds like a war is going on out there.

And you know what? I hate it muchly. I do.

We have sheeple too... they will gather downtown, drink too much, it is a crush of humanity, and someone is gonna get hurt.

In Vienna, it's a whole MILE of streets, and bistros, and so crowded, I could get claustrophobic just looking at it on the tee-vee...

Which I stopped doing.

And hey... people get hurt....

How is that for 'fun'?

Christ, I'm getting old.....

Except I never found any of it 'fun'.... evah....

Holy moly! someone across the way just shot off two rockets. If someone gets so idiotic, and shoots them through my window, there is going to be hell to pay, and now I will turn off the lights. Its happened, believe me. Idjits.

It's only 11 pm.... and I am NOT gonna stick my head out of winder and yell, 'You are supposed to do it at midnight, you fucking git....'

I need to get a Glock... just for this one night a year, and you want cordite? I will shoot in the air, and give you all the fuck cordite you need.

Arseholes....

Yup, am the cheeriest, most sanguine person in the whole fucking wurrld,,,,

Except on this night, when everyone goes bonkers, and I want a bunker....

0 Responses to "Oh.... my... gawd...."