I'm jumping the gun here by one day... But it is an OUTTIE.. I hope...

Sometimes we need something silly to cheer us up. We do... it doesn't need to be anything big... just really off the charts for silliness, where you think... oh my...

Now, as every time after the horridays are over, Sylvester stands are put up with trinkets to bring you good luck. Piggies play a big role in this, but I still can't figure out why. And yeah, Sylvester was a Catholic saint who got martyred, and I have no wish to know how, and never looked it up. It's better not to know some things. But New Year's Eve is called Sylvester here in his honour or horror, however you wish to see it...

It really doesn't play a big role in all this, the piggies do. Because they bring you luck, seemingly, just as four leaf clovers, or chimbly sweeps, and odd superstitious stuff.

And in German, if something bad turned out good, you say 'Ich habe Schwein gehabt'. Meaning you had good luck thanks to a piggie.

Not having lived on a farm, and caring for pigs, the whole things eludes me, but that is what you do.. Ok?

Now.... two days ago, a Sylvester table was set up before the supermarket near Peter's house, and there was a piggie like I have never ever seen before. With a huge outtie navel! I thought, at first. Well, Precioussesssss.. after going by there every day, and not having lived on a farm... I've become a bit uncertain as to the anatomy....

If it is meant as something lower.... that poor piggie...

Sorry, I just cannot make up my mind.

Maybe someone can relieve it by telling me what the hell I was looking at. If I had the wherewithal, I would send everyone I know that piggie for the New Year to bring them luck. So you will have to make do with the virtual one in the post.

See? Silliness can sometimes make you laugh, and make you feel good....

No one I know has had a good year. A lot of us have been hanging by the skin of our teeth. So my outtie piggie is the one who will make next year better.

Which I wish for all. May he bring you luck and joy.

PS... it has to be the navel, because otherwise they would have fit him out with a pink jock strap... Or am I totally crazy? Wishing everyone everything good...

1 comments:

Terrible says
30 December 2009 at 16:35

As far as that outtie I guess you'd have to take that up with the maker. But I'm with you in hoping it's intended as a navel!!

Best of piggie luck to you in the New Year also!