What a day I had today..... oooo....

After all the fucked-up horridays, and the worst we have ever, EVER had....

I had to go to Peter's house and hoof it. Ankle express, in other words....

My bus ticket ran out.

He HAD to get to his bank manager downtown.

He HAD to finally EAT something, he's got fucking diabetes II.

It is a long slog to get from my place to his, on foot. If it is a good day, I can do it in about twenty-five minutes.. You go down to the river, and just head south, and you get there.

Today, and because it was so early, he air was noxious. And stank beastishly. Because a lot of people still heat with coal, (so 'clean'), and it gets into your nose and throat and bites....

Normally, I am a fast walker. Today it took me forty-five minutes to get there, and I nearly threw up three times, because I couldn't get any air.

I was the perfect picture of 'what the fuck NEXT, hey?'

But I managed.....

Somehow...

So.... somehow... I got Mr. Deny Everything into some sort of clothes, and after making sure the person we wanted to see was where he should be.... I fucking wheeled his sorry ass to downtown. After shaving him as best I could, he looked like Rasputin. Beforehand...

The sun had come up and burned off a lot of the smog. It is so terrible this year. It is even finding its' way into my apt, and all you get is the Koks smell. Burning coal.... I haven't had this since the Seventies....

It was all fairly horrible.

Took him back home on the bus, and the fucker driving it was an absolute arsehole. It had a hydraulic ramp for wheeling people in, but do you think he would let it out? Uh-uh. He watched out the front winder, and pretended not to see. And I was angry.

I had to HEAVE his 106 Kilos into it.

After all the effort getting him down there.

Our damned city mayor, a Christian Dem, is always going ON about how the city is 'handicapped friendly'. Well, I want him to spend just ONE day tooling about with Peter and his wheelchair, and then TELL me how fucking 'handicapped friendly' they are, and I will spit in his face, and then knock him down on the pavement, the pompous ass.

And the GVB, our transportation system is going to get SUCH a New Year's greeting from me, it will knock their socks off. WHY do they have hydraulic ramps, and ramps you can let down for people in wheelchairs, and the drivers just sit there, and let you lift and heave, because the exit isn't so high off the sidewalk? Try getting a handicapped person weighing 106 kilos on or off one if you weigh about 76 Kilos, and they don't pull up perfectly to the curb, and you land in the gutter, and nearly do a wheelie backwards. It is a 'ton' of fun, and you get the back pain to remind you how 'fun' it was...

There have been exceptions, but not the rule.

And as this decade of corporate selfishness ends....

Peter's telephone is still not functional. And what with the five-day horriday, and ya know, I may not have known it, 'but then Christmas happens', well habe d'ehre. She had to be a Freeper. Or thought I am an Islamist.

So I got on the horn again.... Today, because, over those five days, nothing was to be done.

And I was angry. Very very angry.

So I called the so-called 'service line' again. And let off my anger about that remark, and said it was a 'Frechheit' (insult)

So... Then I went into another mode.... Am here long enough to know when too far goes too far....

And said, 'We are talking about a seventy year old man here, who is amputated, a diabetic, can't get out of the house on his own, and I am just a friend to looks in to see he is ok, and he NEEDS a telephone. He falls out of bed, and can't call anyone. On Christmas Day, it took him an HOUR to get back in, and he had no one to help. ' (All true)

It was a marathon call, and I pulled out all the stops I could.

I made myself fully sick with what I came up with, with wheedling, and being conciliatory.... just to fix what he fucked up.

And I was so 'good' at what I did... she said she would pass it on to the technicians, and call me back, that it wouldn't be the same number, after asking, 'What ELSE do you want us to do????'

And here comes a 'fun' part? I have an 'old' telly-phone, and most people can't see the number I am calling from... They call it a 'surpressed' number....

So I said, 'Wait a second, I have to look it up because I don't call myself, or give it out', and she suddenly says, 'oh, it's ...... 83.' And I said, ' I wanted to make sure, because I sometimes mix up the last four numbers. But the Telekom doesn't 'spy', no way... Except they had a HUGE spy thing going on in Germany recently...

Uh-HUH...

I am NOT with the Telly-com. I use another system, but they aren't any better in that sense, am sure....


At least she said one thing nice before we got onto terms about someone DOING something...

'You seem to be a nice man...'

I try, mostly... I do....

So am waiting for a phone call....

Peter's Aunt is out of her mind for 'what's going on', and wants some answers, like, yesterday...

She is ninety.

I've done what I could.

So how were your horridays?

0 Responses to "What a day I had today..... oooo...."