Just went out for a minute after sleeping most of the day...

And whaddaya know, it's snowing.

What we used to call a 'light dusting' where I grew up. Sticks to the roofs, melts on the sidewalk, and is just a bit irritating. So not the sort of thing that just swept across the US and dumped feet of the stuff all over the place the past couple of days. Y'know, the ones where you get your boxer shorts in a twist and start yelling, 'I didn't come FOUR THOUSAND miles, for this.'

And I know, I know... that sounds Grinch-like to even mention, but I can't stand it when the horridays are approaching, and everyone goes 'Awww.. how pretty' just because there is a bit of snow. The only positive I see in it is that you don't get as wet if you don't look out of winder, and go out without your um-brella.

Now, the only reason I went out was that my sniggarretes ran out, so it was only across the square. And... it being Sunday, you can only get them out of a vending machine. And for two years now, you can only use those if you can prove you are over sixteen years old, which I think is good.

So you have to slide your bank card into a slot, and nowadays, thank whomever, it tells you to take it out, you put your money in, and press the sort you want. (The latter part was only recently, and I do not want to tell you how many I forgot in there... just too embarrassing.)

Sorry, am just trying to explain how it works....

So I approached the vending machine, and this attractive couple were in front of it trying to figure out what to do... because the man seemingly doesn't have a bank card. So he says, 'Card? Card?' I think he is from the Middle East somewhere, didn't ask. Or hesitate. I slid mine in, took it out, and he and his girlfriend got what they wanted. As luck would have it, a 'Turkish man came into all of this and asked if I could free the machine up for him, 'as he forgot his at home.' Nice face-saver. (just saying...)

Now, I've never bothered with learning all other religions' horridays, they have never concerned me all that much, but December seems the time when they all have something.... So I said, 'And I hope you have wonderful holidays', and the man of the couple's eyes 'danced' and sparkled with approval. And he laughed out loud.

Tja, and then I bought my snigarettes.

It was just a moment in time, and I don't wish to make much of it, just share something.

Because I KNOW... that if certain people here had seen that 'Gang of Three', they would have high-tailed it to another vending machine, just like some people in 'Murka would. Or drawn guns, if they were 'Murkin.

The point of all this? NO one should be 'afraid' to interact with someone who doesn't look like they do, we are all human beings on this rock going around the sun, and going to hell because some people just don't care. They stay in their 'tribes'.

NO ONE should be afraid... to reach out a hand and help someone in whatever small way they can.

And I have said this before... you have to give respect to GET respect. Sometimes it works in making the world a better place.

And no, am not under the impression that it was 'good'. It is just what you DO, and follow what you were taught.

So... that is my horriday season sermon for this year, and will not do another.

I didn't care that it was snowing, hardly noticed it, btw....

Tomorrow, Peter has finally decided to go to hospital.

I guess I get another ride in the waaahmbulance.

We shall see... Tja, the horridays....

0 Responses to "Just went out for a minute after sleeping most of the day..."