Ummm... I have been 'thinking'... whiich is always a dangerous sign...

I had an uncle once, who went deaf. He loved music. He had a horrible colon cancer, and had to get a side-ways exit. And his sister took him in, gave him a room in her own appartment, and I am sure that couldn't have been very easy for her. And my aunt had her mother there too... it was a big appartment. She lived to be over one hundred years old.

When I came to Austria.... it wasn't much different. A wonderful family 'took me in', and I learned what it is to be a family.

Things weren't perfect on any side of the pond, in other words...

But... despite the fact that my friend's sister got pregnant before I arrived, and didn't like the guy who got her into it, and they were very religious, but not in the bigotted sense, she stayed, and she and her son were accepted. So the house was full, and it wasn't a big house, belive me. We would go out with the baby, and everyone was watching, thinking I was the 'culprit'. The curtains moved all the time, you xee... It caused us much hilarity.

And! They had a dreaded aunt, who had an acid tongue, and they made a beautiful little appartment across the way over the barn for her. No, not smelly, barn smell... just very nice.... And she could be nasty, but they put up with it and still loved her.

And I thought, 'Wow! Just wow!'

I know this sounds silly....

But that is why I fell in love with where I am.

Things changed over the decades. Three generations of families no not live under the same roof any more, but it used to be like that.

It all just became avarice, greed, and 'get out of my face'.

Sad.

And now we come to the 'hard' question.

We weren't so different way back when. Really not.

Everyone was up for helping one another, and gawwd, the Mills, and all that stuff, but they helped where they could.

And I can't help thinking... what happened to all of that?

Is it the times we live in, is it just being so self-absorbed we don't even NOTICE?

Ok, I don't have doodly-squat anymore.

If I were in the Mühlgassse still, I would whisk my father over here and make sure he got the best care EVAH.

BUT...

My sibs were more successful, and acheived some little McMansions. How nice. Am not envious.

BUT...

If the plan is to put him on a one-floor appartment is the plan...

there has to be some re-thinking....

I cannot fathom this, I just can not.

How, please, can anyone be so fucking self-absorbed, you ignore what is obvious???

Excuse me for going ON....

Everything about this is supposedly about being 'Christian'.

All I see is selfishnis and greed.

0 Responses to "Ummm... I have been 'thinking'... whiich is always a dangerous sign..."