Re-defining goals

I dunno...

Usually, at the end of the year, one tends to sit back and take stock of things.

Just a little over three years ago.... I began this questionable thing, never believing anyone would read it. I just wanted to preserve some old manuscripts, as mine were in pretty bad shape.

To my extreme wonderment, some few people do.

A few days ago, a cousin of mine said, 'I'm gonna go read your blog now. It is so 'nasty'. I was really taken aback. Sure, on-line you can be whatever you wish to be, and use bad language not acceptable in polite so-ci-et-y. It is a vent. You let off some steam.

'Nasty' kind of floored me.....

Looking back over this past year.... well, two topics seem to have been the focus. Health care reform in the US, and human rights issues. So shoot me, or something....

As I have oftn said, I have been within two health care systems, and wanted to contradict the LIES people in the US grow up with with their mother-milk. It is something I know about. Unfortunately.....

Please note that I said 'human rights', not GBLT rights, or confining it.

We are all still humans.... I think...

And when I see people get denigrated for being WHO they are... yes, I get angry, and yes, the language can turn pretty blue to purple.

That is what Dickens used to call 'indignation'. Too much empathy can really get you in trouble nowadays.

The rest is about what delights me, or angers me, or what I wish to share, although my sense of humour got shot in the arm sometime in the Sixties....

It isn't everyone's 'thing'.

So that is what this has become, it was never a 'plan', or thought out... it grew organically.

But looking back, I think it is what I wanted to do.

Like sitting back in an armchair, and 'shooting the shit', as they say....

Without the ladies in the room, but you KNOW they have their ears pressed to the door... (smile). And believe me... they can be more potty-mouthed than any man has ever imagined. I know. I had MY ear pressed to the door one day, and came away speechless.

So... what is the bottom line....

Am not so sure. The health-care thing will be solved..... or more likely not... fairly soon.

And yes, am screamingly angry about the whores who have taken insurance and pharmaceutical monies and gotten up on their sanctimonius horses to make SURE their constituents don't have the advantages they have themselves.

So it will be a topic.

Human rights? Ditto.

I might tweak some other subjects later.

The opera is putting on a prouction I never heard of this month. So I went to Google to find out what it is about. Using Disney... Arielle gets legs from a wicked witch so she can marry a prince, but isn't allowed to speak, so he betrays her, she is forbidden to return to her former form, and she has to kill him, but remains an evil spirit who brings destruction on anyone she encounters. Music by Dvorzak. Uh-huh. The Czechs meet the Brothers Grimm, and .... oh, don't want to go there....

Christmas cheer, you know? Why couldn't they do 'The Nutcracker?'

It's dark enough...

0 Responses to "Re-defining goals"